Der folgende text ist ein kleines bisschen offscape, dürfte für uns aber sehr interessant sein (vom FMD geklaut). Ich poste das bewusst hier und nicht im Star Trek forum, weil ich mit Scapern und nicht mit kampf-trekkies darüber diskutieren möchte.

Shatner Slams Stale 'Star Trek'
Acting veteran William Shatner may have gained fame by starring in the Star Trek series - but he believes the show is now "old hat." The 71-year-old star first shot to fame as Captain James T. Kirk in the 1966 TV series, but now he refuses to watch the many spin-off programs and films, believing they've lost what made them great. He says, "It needs something new. The people responsible for it have lost its way and they need to find it again. They need a whole new group of talent to give a fresh approach. By doing too many things, they have lost Star Trek's way because of greed." Despite his comments, Shatner was this week reunited with many former original cast members at the TV Land Awards, in which Star Trek won the Pop Culture award. He commented, "Here I am winning a Pop Culture Award and I am disconnected with pop culture. Whenever I get on these shows and they ask about pop culture I never know what to say."
Wahre worte. Ich wünschte, Shatner würde Farscape kennen. Traurige wahrheit ist doch, dass die geldmaschine Star Trek solange im bisherigen stil weiterläufft, wie sie genug abwirft - und die nischen, in denen sich etwas frisches und neues regt, bekommen auf lange sicht keine chance.