Sense8 Staffel 2 ist für 2017 vorgesehen. Der Dreh hat sich wohl etwas verzögert, weil der Dartsteller von Capheus "Van Damme" wegen kreativer Differenzen aus der Serie ausgestiegen ist und seine bisher abgedrehten Szenen für die 2. Staffel nun erneut mit dem Ersatzdarsteller gefilmt werden müssen. JMS hat in der 2. Staffel nur noch eine Schreiberrolle inne (in der ersten Staffel war er zusätzlich Produzent und Showrunner).

AwardsDaily TV: Are you having fun with Sense8, now in its second season?

J. Michael Straczynski: During season one, the three of us (Lana, Lily and I) were all very much hands-on during writing, prep, production and post. In order to focus on her transition, Lily opted out of season two before the writing period began. There were erroneous stories about Lily leaving during production. This is flatly untrue. She would never leave something mid-stream. We all wanted to give her space for her to get this new phase of her life in gear, so she’s been clear of season two from the beginning. In season one, I brought in the television background to help get that season off the ground, and, once Lana had her TV land-legs, she felt that she should run season two as the filmmaker. So my direct involvement on season two was primarily during the writing stage. It’s now all down to Lana.
Quelle: Straczynski Talks 'Sense8' and the Outrageous Show's Diversity