Und ein weiterer Star-Trek-"Nichtmöger" meldet sich zu Wort (gefunden via TrekWeb):
Paul Whitelaw in "The Scotsman"

Ein paar Zitate zum "Anwärmen" - lest aber bitte den gesamten Artikel:
I'm not a Star Trek fan, or a fan of sci-fi in general. Despite the supposedly limitless possibilities of the genre, I've found that most TV and movie sci-fi adaptations are uninspired and repetitive, although Alien, Aliens, the first Star Wars trilogy and Doctor Who warp-speed immediately to mind as honourable exceptions.
Star Trek is self-righteous, sanctimonious and boring. Its heavy-handed attempts to confront the burning issues of our times via obvious parables featuring blue people in red tights not getting on with red people in blue tights has proved just about as enlightening as a lecture on ergonomics from the Chuckle Brothers.
Also, despite nods to multiculturalism, the Enterprise appears to be on a mission to spread nothing more than American Protestant values to the great unwashed of the universe, employing a caring, sharing "submit or be obliterated" credo which rather succinctly sums up the next 40 years of American foreign policy.
[...]and I've come to the conclusion that it is one of the most undeservedly prolonged franchises in the history of popular entertainment.
Star Trek is a wholly American confection, and as such has an entirely disproportionate sense of its own importance. You don't get Doctor Who fans claiming, as Trek fans do, that their beloved series changed the world, probably because most Doctor Who fans are content to accept the programme as simply a wonderful piece of entertainment.
Was ich hier herausgepickt habe, sind nur die Kritikpunkte des Autors - er gibt auch unumwunden zu, daß ST seine guten Seiten hat, und er setzt auch zu Recht den Finger auf offene Wunden wie ST5 und ENT, daß er aber alles nach TOS nur alles ein Filtrat aller schlechten Aspekte von Roddenberrys Vision und der Originalserie ansieht (wie passt da bitte schön DS9 hinein? Und was ist mit TNG?), finde ich doch reichlich übertrieben. Und das alle Trekkies ST als weltveränderndes Ereignis ansehen, wie er es anklingen lässt, ist doch auch wohl nicht belegbar.