"Die Purpurdaten" gefällt mir nach wie vor recht gut, interessanterweise hatte ich über die Folge aber vergleichsweise wenig zu sagen. Vieles davon deckt sich zudem mit meinem Review auf fictionBOX. Nichtsdestotrotz hier mein Beitrag im englishen JMSnews-Forum zu "Born to the Purple":

A good episode. What I like about it the most is the mixture of humor and tragedy that runs through the entire episode. Both plots start off rather light-hearted and funny, with Londo's affair with Adira, and Garibaldi's hunt for a "gremlin" using the gold channels. Both soon take turns for the worse. Adira is revealed as a slave who is ordered by he rmaster to steal Londo's purple files. A betrayal that is made all the more tragic by the fact that Adira actually came to feel for the Ambassador. And Garibaldi finds out that the unauthorised use of the gold channels and his little cat-and-mouse-game with the hacker has a tragic background too, as it's revealed to be Ivanovas doing, who is using it to speak with her dying father one last time. Chris Frankes music may be a little too on the nose in this scene, otherwise, it works quite well, I think. But I have to say, I even prefer the moment afterwards, when Garibaldi lets her know that he found out about it, but won't say a word to anyone else.

Some other thoughts:
  • This episode probably features Londo as happy as we'll ever see him during the whole series. It kinda makes you wonder what might have been if Adira would have stayed. Would he have told Morden that he has anything that he needs, and doesn't want anything else?
  • After Ivanova is revealed as the "gremlin", their banter about it and her smirk when he can't track it reveal a different meaning. I like that.
  • Where the hell is Londos hair when he goes looking for Adira with Sinclair?!?!